To meet the need for field and mobile covers, it is essential to supply structures that are easily transported, quickly assembled and versatile in use; to serve these purposes, Cover Technology has developed its FIELD TENT system, produced with these characteristics and able to provide protection and shelter for operations personnel even in harsh weather conditions. The FIELD TENT can be set up and rendered operational in a very few minutes without the aid of special equipment, meeting the needs of field applications. It can be used for creating hospitals, operative medical points, operative command centres, accommodation for personnel, storage and multi-purpose shelters. FIELD TENTS consist of an aluminium and steel frame covered with technical PVC fabric membrane, in a single piece (tent body) or consisting of a number of modular elements. The choice of materials allows shipping low weights and compact volumes, rapid assembly and impressive resistance to weather loads.
|Width||Minimum 05.00 metres / Maximum 08.00 metres|
|Length||Standard modules 03.00 metres / length up to 15 metres|
|Side height||Minimum 02.50 metres / Maximum 03.00 metres|
|Wind resistance||Minimum 25 m/sec / Maximum 31 m/sec|
|Snow resistance||Minimum 30 daN/m² / Maximum 160 daN/m²|
|Cover fire resistance class||Self-extinguishing – Flame Retardant Class 2|
|Operating temperature||-30 °C / +55 °C|
The FIELD TENT structure has been specifically developed for Out of Area use in Theatres of Operations and the technical solutions adopted are intended to guarantee the user’s safety:
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Guaranteed by the use of aluminium alloy profiles and high tensile strength fabric
- STANDARDISATION: Every tent consists of a limited number of perfectly recognisable, interchangeable elements.
- RAPID ASSEMBLY: It takes just 4 people only 15 minutes to set the tent up (not including accessories)
- STRUCTURAL SOLIDITY: resistance to strong gusts of wind and heavy snow loads without restrictions on use and without damage
- BLACKOUT AND CAMOUFLAGE: The tent body is made from blackout fabric and is not translucent. All the main elements of the metal structure are black and the outside of the tent body is coyote colour; the tent is also supplied complete with a camouflage net
- COMFORT An internal insulation lining and external shade cover can be fitted to increase the comfort level
- NO MAINTENANCE: The tent does not require maintenance and any tears in the tent body can be repaired using the repair kit provided.
- COMPACT PACKAGING When packed in its wooden crate, the tent complete with accessories occupies a volume of less than 5 m3
- EASY SHIPPING All crates can be stowed in ISO 20’ containers and each container is able to take 6 tents complete with accessories.