The SUNSHADE construction consists of an aluminium and steel frame covered with technical PVC fabric. The choice of materials allows shipping low weights and compact volumes, rapid assembly and impressive resistance to weather loads. The key feature of the SUNSHADE is the structure’s geometry, which allows aircraft or vehicles to access it quickly and offers optimal capacity to protect them from the sun.
||Minimum 10.00 metres / Maximum 22.00 metres
||Standard modules 05.00 metres / total length infinite
||Minimum 02.50 metres / Maximum 05.00 metres
||Minimum 25 m/sec / Maximum 31 m/sec
||Minimum 60 daN/m² / Maximum 150 daN/m²
|Cover fire resistance class
||Self-extinguishing – Flame Retardant Class 2
||-30 °C / +70 °C
The SUNSHADE structure is of modular design, allowing:
- INSTALLATION ON DIFFERENT SURFACES (asphalt, concrete, dirt, or sand) thanks to a special anchor system (with threaded bars, plates and nails or spiral bars)
- DESIGN WITH A SPECIFIC SNOW BEARING CAPACITY, ranging from 60 kg/sq. m for the basic structure up to 400 kg/sq. m for areas with very high snowfall
- CE MARKING of the structural components in compliance with the EN 1090-1:2009+A1:2011 standard thanks to Cover Technology’s accreditation.
It is also important to note that structures are designed and constructed in compliance with the Italian Ministerial Decree dated 14.01.2008 (known as the Technical Construction Standards or NTC2008 with return time Tr 50 years) and in compliance with the Eurocodes.
The supporting frame consists of extruded aluminium alloy profiles, creating a lightweight structure that withstands all weather conditions. Roofs and side walls are in flame-retardant, waterproof, very tough, PVC fabric. Naturally, there is a very wide selection of materials to suit the different uses and locations of structures. The main materials used in construction of the SUNSHADE structure are:
|Main structure components
||Aluminium alloy profiles
|Base plate elements
||Hot-dip galvanised steel
||Modular sheets of Class 2 Flame-Retardant PVC / Sandwich panels
||Plastic-coated steel cable
||Plinth not required
|Anchor systems for concrete surfaces
||Threaded bars fixed with structural vinyl/epoxy resins
|Anchor systems for firm ground and asphalt surfaces
||Steel nails driven into the ground
|Anchor systems for loose ground
||Continuous spiral coils or rods
Apart from the STANDARD PVC sheeting, the cover may be in:
- PVC fabrics with blackout treatment for sun protection
- Thick PVC fabrics (strong cover)
- Low-emission (silver-coated) or insulated PVC fabrics
- PVC fabrics with special coating
Cover Technology over the years has realized several installations, please find below some related examples.
- For the Italian Ministry of Defense in Central Asia has been realized a sunshade building with sizes of: 12x120m.
- For the Airport Organization in Verona has been made a sunshade building with sizes of: 25x40m.
- For the Air Force Station in India, has been manufactured a sunshade building with sizes of 22x30m.
The website includes a section dedicated to technical data and operating characteristics, to provide full details of the many accessories and complementary systems available. The accessories available for the SUNSHADE structure are:
- CONVENTIONAL LIGHTING SYSTEMS
- LED LIGHTING SYSTEMS
- SMOKE DETECTION
- ACCESS CONTROL SYSTEMS
- ASSEMBLY KITS REPAIR KITS
- MODULAR FLOORINGS
- DUST-PROOF MATTING
- PLASTIC FLOORING